However, some features of GCam APK may require root access to work properly. Additionally, rooting your device can potentially void your warranty and cause other problems, so it is not recommended unless you are sure you know what you are doing.
Once you’re in TWRP, it’s a good idea to take a snapshot of your entire system (previously known as “nandroid backup”) before proceeding further. This can be useful in case you end up with a failed installation. You’ll be able to boot into TWRP and restore the backup to go back to the previous state of your device. As we mentioned earlier, the best way to do this is to head over to the XDA forums for your device and look for a ROM that best suits your needs. Popular custom ROMs like LineageOS also maintain download portals, from which you can directly grab the most up-to-date build without much hassle. Now that you know what a custom ROM can do, let’s tell you how you can install it on your Android phone.
- There are, of course, ways to backup your Android device without rooting it, but a Nandroid backup is a complete backup.
- The design isn’t as premium, and the phone is mainly made of plastic.
- The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device.
- All the following Own Stock ROM (zip file) contains the original Own USB Driver, Flash Tool, and the Firmware File.
Possibly the lightest and most functional custom ROM out there, the Arrow OS project firmware files is based on the AOSP code while adding useful tweaks. It’s very similar to the Pixel Experience ROM but brings additional features to the barebone feature list. It offers its own version of the quick settings menu, as well as a fully immersive mode for Android.
- Click on the folder icon with Choose, just after Scatter-loading the file.
- This jargon buster breaks down some of the more complex Android terms.
- It was not composed of CPU machine instructions, but of lower-level microcode involved in the implementation of machine instructions.
- This way, you can not only fix bugs or issues but also experience new features, security patches, and improved performance on your device.
- If one of the Pixel models is selected by default, try the Nexus 5X or 6P model, restart and try again.
- It’s not possible to enable/disable mirroring of pictures on older versions.
Many Android experts say that pure (stock) Android provides the best Android experience. There are also some other real-time benefits of using stock Android. As you might have noticed, phones with the best hardware aren’t running on stock Android.
So, let us check whether your phone is compatible or not. Thanks to the great community of Android users and developers who are there for Android users by promoting and making Custom ROMs and Custom GCam MOD APKs. After installing custom ROMs, any camera enthusiast can use the latest Pixel’s premium camera features. These top 5 companies use their own stock ROM over Android, and so do they provide their stock camera. Most budget smartphones come with similar camera hardware, but how the algorithms of any stock camera work better than the others is the main differentiator. Some versions of the Google Camera mod allow users to change this. Usually the default setting (or “auto”) is good enough, but you can use higher values if you find video quality to be bad.